How To Easily Fix “Application Not Installed” Error on Android
I know most android users must have come across that situation where you are trying to install an app and it gives you an error message , telling you ” Application not installed ” I want you to know that this is not a serious issue and can easily be fixed.
Firstly, Android Devices do not support installation of an app from other sources otherwise known as untrusted sources except from Google Play store . In knowledge of this, it is required of you to turn on “Unknown source” which then gives permission for installing other apps that are not being downloaded directly from Google Play store.
To fix this error, simply navigate to
- Settings >> Security >> Tick Install from other Source
You might still be getting the “Application not installed”, so simply read on as I show you the solution to this problem.
The Possible Causes of this “Application not Installed Error” on Android Device are outlined below.
- Low storage space: This can be be one of the possible cause of getting error message of Application not installed on your Android Device because of low space memory.
- Corrupted/Bad File : Corrupted apk or bad file might also be the cause of this problem due to the fact that Google doesn’t support downloading apk file anywhere else apart from Google play store.
- Wrong Path for Apps installed: Choosing a wrong path also can be one of the problem associated with getting error of application not installed on your Android Device. Some apps may work well on phone memory, others maybe MicroSD card or some may choose both.
- Improper Mounted SD card : Installing apps on mounted SD card may also be on possible cause of getting app not installed because some SD card need to be accessible before they are properly mounted elsewhere apart from their original location.
- Corrupted storage Location : This can also cause an app not be properly installed on your Android Device.
- Apk signature/certificate clash : Two conflicting signatures of an already installed app can cause problem of an app not being installed on your Android device.
How to Fix this “Application not Installed” error
- Restart phone: A quick restart of your Android Device can just work the magic of not getting Application not installed on your Android device anymore. You can perform that by simply using the power button or removing the battery and fixing it back to on it.
- Free up storage space or increase your storage space by buying a higher SD card and move app heavy files or apk to it.
- Check downloaded file to ensure it was fully downloaded so as not to get such error.
- You can equally change app location to SD card so as to free more phone storage memory and correctly mount your SD to other devices properly.
- You can perform a hard reset on your SD card by formatting but make sure you back up your important files first.
These are possible solutions to this problem I discovered. Are you still having problems despite trying this solutions. Endeavor to let us know through the comment section.